what camera, lens, flash, etc. do you guys shoot with? canon!!! here is a list of what's in our gear bags:
* canon mark III . the workhorse and back-up * canon mark III . the workhorse and back-up * canon 5d mark II * canon 40d * canon 40d * canon 10-22 F/3.5-4.5 USM * canon 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM * canon 16-35mm f/2.8 USM * canon 70-200 F/2.8 IS USM * canon 50mm F/1.2 USM * canon 50mm F/1.4 USM * canon 50mm F/2.5 Macro * canon 60mm F/2.8 Macro * canon 85mm F/1.2 USM * canon 85mm F/1.8 USM * canon 100mm F/2 USM * canon 135mm F/2 USM * st-e2 infrared transmitter * st-e2 infrared transmitter
* canon 580ex speedlites * nikon SB-22, 25, 26 and 28 speedlights . cheap and awesome flashes!
* 64 eneloop AA batteries * 64 rayovac 15 minute AA batteries for flashes, remotes and well... that's it. * 125 gigs of CF and SD cards
* AlienBee B800 Flash Unit. to increase ambient light in large halls * AlienBee B800 Flash Unit. to increase ambient light in large halls * HELLA Radio Poppers. to trigger anything i need to be triggered * 8 Pocket Wizards. to trigger anything i need to be triggered
do you bring back up gear too? you cannot not have back up gear. you're shooting a wedding that happens only once ("knock on wood!"). you have to have back up!
i don't have a lot of money to spend on lenses right now...can you recommend a good cheap one? nope. save your cash and buy right the first time. it'll hurt a bit but it really is the way to go. remember, lenses are the eyes of your camera. make sure your camera can see 20/20 especially if you're planning on shooting a wedding.
should i buy a canon or a nikon? it really doesn't matter... both have very good cameras. either way, you really can't go wrong. but you know what our preference is! (cough.... canon!.... cough)
what equipment do you use for processing?
* MacBook Pro 17" goodness * MacBokk Pro 15" goodness * dell xps 710 ferrari series tower with liquid cooled dual graphic cards with 2 digital output each. * quad monitors. "argh argh argh!!!" barked like "tim the toolman taylor." * 5 terabytes of portable space
who do you use for online proofing? we use the instaproofs.com. check us out at edpingol.instaproofs.com.
what lab do you use? whcc, millers, mpix pro, apollo imagizing, and simply canvas.
how do you get such great color in your photos? Light, LIGHT and LiGhT... it's all about light.
do use actions? yes. i create my own because it's free and it really saves me a lot of time.
did you go to school for photography? not really. i went to school for packaging design (which was my full time gig up until december '07) photography was part of the job. so, it has always been there.
do you have a studio? yes. = )
how old are you guys!?!? ed is 30 going on 15.
do you use an assistant at weddings? yes.